Walross was built as an escort trawler for the German Kaiserliche Marine by Schiffswerft & Maschinfabrik Hansa AG in April 1917. She was sold to Norwegian owners eight years later and renamed to was Beverø. She was first rebuilt to a freighter, and then to a tanker in 1927. She was renamed to Marna and her port of registry was now Oslo. Under second world war she was requisitioned by the German Kriegsmarine and was extensively used carrying vital fuel. She survived second world war, but hit ground at Kaalholmen and sank outside Old Hellesund ( Gamle Hellesund ) 23.December 1946 under a journey from Göteborg to Grangemouth. The wreck has not yet been found.

Former names:
Walross, Beverø
174,5 x 23,2 x 10,4 f
Tons: Built: Home Port:
430 grt
Schleswig ( D ) 1917 Oslo ( N )