Tourist

Møre & Romsdal,Norway

The steamer Tourist was built at Akers Mekaniske Verksted in Kristiania, and was launched in 1896 for  H.M. Iversen as a tourist boat. She was later rebuilt to a coastal freighter and up through the years she changed owners several times. Last owner before she went down was Mr. A. Todal in Sagosen. Under a journey towards Sandøy loaded with  stone she hit ground near Kvitstein lighthouse 6. June 1957. The remains of her rest today on Gylta near Kvitstein lighthouse, east of Svartoksen on a depth of 20 meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Tourist

74,6 x 13,9 x 8,8 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
55,83 grt Kristiania ( N ) 1886 Sagosen ( N )


Picture: Tourist in Oslo harbor
Originally from skovheim.org