Øsco was laid down at Kaldnes Mekaiske Verksted in Tønsberg, and was launched in December 1928 for the Norwegian company Østlandske Petroleumscompani in Oslo. After the German invasion of Norway in April 1940, Operation Weserübung, she was requisitioned by the German Kriegsmarine. She survived the war, and was renamed to Esso 1 in 1947. She changed names several times, and was rebuilt to a cargo freighter in 1966. In 1977 she was sold to Mr. Holm in Namsos and renamed Børgefjell. While she laid at anchor in Bindalseidet, she developed a leak and sank 19.October 1980. The wreck rest today standing on her keel as a classic "Donald Duck" wreck in shallow waters.

Former names:
Lsco,Esso 1, Bømmeløy
36,57 x 6,79 x 2,6 m
Tons: Built: Home Port:
238 grt / 95 nrt
Tønsberg ( N ) 1928
Namsos ( N )

Last updated: November 2020