HNoMS Uredd

Nordland,Norway

HNoMS Uredd was built by Vickers Armstrong in England and was launched in August 1941. She was part of the British 9.Submarine Flottila stationed in Dundee in Scotland. She was commissioned 8.March 1942 and did seven successful war patrols. On her eight patrol she sailed  into a German minefield outside Bodø 24.February 1943 with all hands lost. The whole crew of 34 men and seven agents from the Norwegian company Linge perished. The wreck was located in 1985 by the Norwegian navy vessel KNM Tana on a depth of 105 meter southwest of Fugløyvær outside Bodø.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
HNoMS Uredd
HMS P-41 58,2 x 4,9 x 4,6 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
243  displ Barrow in Furness ( UK ) 1941 Dundee ( UK )


Picture: U class submarine
Wikipedia, Public domain