Lagfjord

Oslo,Norway

The small steamer Lagfjord was built by Fredriksted Mekaniske Verksted in 1892. She was sold in 1916 to Risør Fjordruter and in 1932 to Oslo and used as a ferry between Oslo harbor and the Bygdøy peninsula. According to statements from a former stoker she was moored up near the German freighter Donau when Max Manus placed limpet mines on her in 1945. After the war she was laid up at Lindøya where she later sank. She was later raised and finally scuttled at the dumping ground at Ormøya outside Oslo. Depths here ranged from approx 50-60 meter. Also see the story of the missionary vessel Elieser 5.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Lagfjord

59,6 x 11,8 x 5,8 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
38 grt
Fredrikstad ( N ) 1892
Oslo ( N )


Picture: Lagfjord
Sjøhistorie & Risør Sjømannsforening


Last updated: September 2019