Måløysund

Rogaland,Norway

Elmar was built with a concrete hull by Bauer & Sohn in Larvik Norway for the German Kriegsmarine, and was launched in 1945. In March 1947 she was bought by Arnt & Simon Midtgard and renamed to Måløysund. Under a journey from Oslo to northern Norway loaded with bricks and construction materials, she hit ground outside Skudeneshavn 20.December 1955. She sank the following day and was written off as a total loss. Her battered remains rest today in two parts on a depth of approx 15 to 45 at Skudepynten with her stern as the most intact part.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Måløysund
Elmar
133,2 x 23,0 x 8,8 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
268 grt / 194 nrt
Larvik ( N ) 1945
Måløy ( N )

Last updated: June 2015