The steamship Brator was built by Hamilton & Company in Glasgow and launched in 1896. Under a journey from Sulina to Moss loaded with corn and commanded by  H.S Neal and his crew of 23 men, she ran aground at Tvistein lighthouse at 03:30 in the morning 9.January 1904. Her engine room was soon flooded and emergency rockets were sent out. She slowly sank during the 9th, and the day after she was fonally abandoned when the waterline went over her deck.  H.S Neal was in court found guilty by the terms in Merchant Shipping Act of 1894 for the accident and lost his license for three months. Time has not been nice to her, and the remains of Brator rest today approx 50 meter south of Tvistein lighthouse on a depth of approx  30 to 40 meter.

Former names:

310,2 x 42,7 x 25,5 f
Tons: Built: Home Port:
2900 grt
Glasgow ( UK ) 1896
London ( UK )

Picture: Royal court document after the loss of
Brator at "Tvesteen" in 1904