HNoMS Uller

Vestland,Norway

HNoMS Uller was a 2nd class gunboat built by the Norwegian navy shipyard in Horten, and was launched in 1876. After a few decade of service she was rebuilt in 1911 to a mine layer, and was used as a neutrality guard boat under first world war. After the German invasion of Norway of 1940, she was requisitioned by the German Kriegsmarine. 1.May 1940 she was attacked and sunk by British airplanes outside the island of Losna. The wreck rest today on a depth of 45 to 60 meter in Losnedalsvika southwest of the island Losna.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
HNoMS Uller

27,3 x 7,9 x 2,2 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
250 displ   Horten ( N ) 1876
( N )

61° 7' 9" N, 5° 2' 52" E


Picture: HNoMS Uller
Norwegian Armed Forces Museum