Ildjernsflu

Viken,Norway

Ildjernsflu was a concrete boat built at Fougners Staalbeton Skipsbygnings Compagnie in Moss as yard number 27 and was launched in April 1919. She was anchored up outside Nesodden and was used as a lightship from late 1919. Norway used boats like these all along the coastline as lighthouses for many years, but as time passed more permanent and soldi structures took over the role. After ten years of service she collided with the steamer Storesand 1 9.February 1929 and sank.  The Ildjernsflu wreck is the last known "remaining" lighthouse ship left in Norway. The wreck rest on her keel on the west side of the present lighthouse at Ildjernsflu, right outside the ladder on a depth of 10 to 15 meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Ildjernsflu

42,0 x 18,0 x 9,0 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
?
Moss ( N ) 1919 ( N )


Picture: Ildjernsflu (2), which replaced the first Ildjernsflu boat
Originally from skovheim.org
Courtesy of Kystverket