E. Evangelia

Romania,Black Sea

Empire Strengthwas laid down at Harland & Wollf Ltd in Belfast in 1942 as a general cargo ship for the British ministry of war transport. She survived the war unharmed and was sold in 1946 to Blue Star Line. She changed name and owners several times before she was sold to Hegif Compania Naviera in Greece in 1968, where she was renamed to E. Evangelia. Under a journey from Rijeka to Constanta she hit ground at night 19. October 1968 outside Costinesti. Due to her old age and poor condition, she was deemed unworthy of saving. The abandoned wreck of her still stands on the site, being a local tourist attraction in Costinesti.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
E. Evangelia
Empire Strength, Saxon Star, Redbrook
136,6 x 17,4 x 8,2 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
7388 grt
Belfast ( UK ) 1942
Piraeus ( GR )


Last updated: January 2021