Lieutenant Pushchin

Bulgaria,Black Sea

The Russian steam powered torpedo boat Zadornyy ( Задорный ) was built by the Naval wharf in Nikolayev in Russia, and was launched in November 1904. She entered service three years later in the Imperial Black Sea fleet and was renamed to Lieutenant Pushchin. In 1910 to 1912 she was modernized with a new engine and improved weapons. After the outbreak of world war one and Turkey joining the Central Powers in 1915, she came in contact with the former German battle cruiser SMS Goeben, now named Yavuz Sultan Selim, and was severely damaged. After repairs she was used as a support vesseø for the Russian troops at the Caucasian and Bulgarian front. Outside Varna 9.March 1916 she hit a mine that broke her in two and she quickly disappeared in the deep. The wreck rest today on a depth of approximately 35 meter right outside the city of Varna.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Lieutenant Pushchin
Zadornyy ( Задорный )
64,0 x 6,4 x 2,4 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
427 displ
Nikolayev ( RU ) 1904
Sevastapol ( RU  )


Picture: Torpedo boat Pushchin
Courtesy of Pu Ru


Last updated: June 2017