Bajan Queen

Barbados,Caribbean

According to the stories told locally, Pelican was a tug boat built in England in the 1950's, and was bought and sailed over to Barbados in the 1960's when Bridgetown was being built. She was later refitted and used as a party boat named Bajan Queen, until she was decommissioned in the 1990's. She was donated to Coastal Zone Management and scuttled as an artificial reed 19. May 2002. The wreck rest today on her keel on a depth of 4 to 13 meter in Carlisle Bay Marine Park. Also see the adjacent wrecks of Berwyn, Eillon, Friars Craig, Stavronikita and the former Coast Guard boat Trident.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Bajan Queen
Pelican
120,0 x ? f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
( ? )
( UK )
Bridgetown ( BB )
13°04'21.4"N 59°36'10.1"W

Last updated: March 2021