Friars Craig

Barbados,Caribbean

Camroux IV was a coastal steamer built by Van Duyvendijk in Holland, and was launched in 1938 for the British company Osbourne & Wallis in Cardiff. She changed owners several times during her career, before she ended up in Kingston in St. Vincent & Grenadines owned by John Grace in 1975 sailing under the name Friars Craig. After years being laid up outside she sank 2. June 1985 in Carlisle Bay. The battered remains of her rest today in three separate sections on a depth of 15 meter outside Hastings next to Reef Balls. Also see the wrecks of Bajan Queen, Berwyn, Eillon, the Greek freighter Stavronikita and the former patrol boat Trident.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Friars Craig
Camroux IV, Salcombe
49,5 x 8,8 x 3,7 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
590 grt
Papendrecht ( NL ) 1938
Kingstown ( VC )
3°04'20.8"N 59°36'21.4"W

Last updated: March 2021