River Taw

Saint Kitts,Caribbean

Martinstad was a general cargo ship laid down by J.G Bijholt Scheepswerf in Hoogezand, and was launched in 1958 for the Dutch company Gruno Scheepvaartbedrijf NV in Amsterdam. She canged name a couple of times before she was sold to Ralph Saunders in London in 1979 and renamed River Taw. She sank in Basseterre harbor after a hurricane 8. September 1981 but was re-floated and towed out to open waters where she was scuttled. The Hurricane Hugo ripped the wreck in two parts in 1989, and she today on a depth of 12 to 18 meter outside Fort Tyson.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
River Taw
Martinstad, Dolpin City,
Dolphin G, Hootern
53,2 x 8,5 x 3,0 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
500 grt
Hoogexzand ( NL ) 1958
London ( UK )


Last updated: February 2021