Navigator

Denmark,Europe

The steamship Navigator was built by Fevigs Jernskibsbyggeri, and was launched in March 1901 for Dampskibselskabet Navigator AS in Stavanger. She changed owner several times during her career, but kept her name. Under a journey from England to Denmark loaded with coal she developed and leak and capsized outside Hirtshals 12. July 1935. The cargo and inventory was later salvaged, and her remains rest today four nautical miles outside the coast west of Hirtshals on a depth of twenty meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Navigator

71,3 x 10,7 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
1311 grt
Grimstad ( N ) 1901
Tvedestrand ( N )
GPS (ED50): D.57:35,867 9:48,969
( Source: Vragguiden )


Picture: Navigator
From the book "VĂ¥re Gamle Skip"

Last updated: May 2014