Pallada

Finland,Europe

Pallada was a Russian Bayan class cruiser laid down by Admiralty Dockyard in St. Petersburg in August 1905. She was launched in November 1906, and was commissioned five years later. A few months after the outbreak of The Great War, she was spotted outside Hankø and torpedoed by the German uboat SM U 26 under command of Egewolf Freiherr von Berckheim. he disappeared in the deep almost immediately, and Captain Sergei and 596 men went down with her. The wreck was found by divers in 2000, resting today broken in three parts on a depth of 40 to 45 meter south of Hankø.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Pallada -Паллада

449,6 x 57,6 x 22,1 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
7775 grt St. Petersburg ( RU ) 1906 St. Petersbrug ( RU )

59° 38.000' N 23° 04.000' E
 
Picture:
Pallada -Паллада
Courtesy of Uboat.net, Public domain

Last updated: March 2014