Plus

Finland,Baltic Sea

Plus was a three masted iron barque laid down by Blohm & Voss in Hamburg, and was launched in October 1885 for the German company Ferdinand Laeisz & Company and their Africa fruit trade. She changed owners a couple of times, and her last owner was Hugo Lundquist with Marinehamn in Finland as port of registry. Under a journey from London to Mariehamn in ballast, she hit ground and sank south of Marinehamn under a snow storm 13. December 1933. Twelve men of her crew lost their lives in the accident. The wreck rest today largely intact between Hertronklubb and Korsö at Kobba Klintar island on a depth of 10 to 32 meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Plus

70,1 x 10,8 x 6,2 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
1250 grt
Hamburg ( D ) 1885
Mariehamn ( FI )


Last updated: March 2021