Telamon

Canary Islands,Europe

Temple Hall was laid down by Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering in England, and was laucnched in 1953 for the Brtitish company Temple Company Ltd. In 1969 she was sold to Greece and renamed Pantelis, and her third and last owner was Kyrikos & Sons in Piraeus as Telamon. Under a journey from the Ivory Coast to Greece loaded with timber, she developed a critical leak and had to be beached to save the ship. She hit ground outside Arrecife on Lanzarote 31.October 1981. Due to her poor condition and damaged hull, she was towed out to her current position. The ship was soon stricken from the official ship lists, and later her hull broke in two. Her stern section is still visible on the surface, while her bow is pretty much flattened out on a depth down to 20 meter, located between Arrecife and Costa Deguise.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Telamon
Pantelis
139,9 x 18,0 x 7,9 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
7733 grt
Dundee ( UK ) 1953
Piraeus ( GR )


Last updated: December 2020