Walamon Luastari

Russia,Europe

Gustaf av Klimt was built in Bergsund in Sweden, and was launched in 1862.  In 1889 she was sold to Finland and renamed Kjell, and was used as a combined freighter and ferry in the Baltic. In 1931 she was sold and renamed Walamon Luastari and used as a ferry in Lake Lagoda. Under the Finnish - Russian Winter War in 1939 to 1940 she was requisitioned by the Finnish navy and used as a military transport. She was attacked and sunk in Nikonovski bay 22.January 1940 by three SB-2 Soviet bombers from 41.Squadron. The wreck was found in 2017 by the Russian dive club Divo, but wasn't identified before two years later.The wreck rest on a depth of 12 meters.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Walamon Luastari
Gustaf av Klimt, Kjell
23,5 x 5,0 x ? m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
133 grt
Bergsund ( S ) 1862
( FI )


Picture: Walamon Luastari
From video by Simply Scuba


Last updated: December 2020