War Fundy

Sweden,Baltic Sea

War Fundy was built in St.Johns in Canada by Grant & Home, and she was launched in 1918 for TSC, The Shipping Controller in London. The First World War however, ended in November the same year, and in 1919 she was sold to Societe des cargos Francais. Under a voyage from Blyth in England to Gävle in Sweden loaded with coal, she hit ground under heavy fog outside Grundkallen lighthouse. Her crew was rescued by another ship that came to assists, and three days later she disappeared in the deep. The wreck was found by divers in the 1980s. Her hull, which was built in mahogany is still largely intact. The wreck rest on her keel as a classic Donald Duck wreck on a depth of 15 to 30 meter, south of Grundkallen lighthouse.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
War Fundy

76,2 x 13,3 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
2268 grt
St.John ( CA ) 1918
Calais ( F )


Last updated: August 2015