Yenisey - Енисей

Estonia,Baltic Sea

Yenisey was laid down at Baltic Works in Petrograd, and was launched in 1906 for the Imperial Russian Navy. She was the second mine layer built for the Russian navy with this name after the first one had blown herself to pieces on mines in February 1904.  She entered service in the Baltic fleet in 1906 and had a mundane career until the outbreak of the Great War in August 1914. She was spotted and torpedoed by the German uboat U-26 under command of Egewolf Freiherr von Berckheim outside Estonia 2. June 1915. The wreck rest today on her keel with a listing towards starboard  on a depth of 45 to 47 meter outside Osmussaar.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Yenisey - Енисей

98,8 x 14,0 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
3017 grt
Petrograd ( RU ) 1906
Petrograd ( RU )


Picture: Yenisey -Енисей
Courtesy of Per Åkesson


Last updated: August 2019