was the last of a total of three ships that Harland &
Wolf built for the company White Star Line. She was
completed in 1914, and was meant to service the
transatlantic route between New York and Southampton.
Because of the loss of RMS Titanic, the construction of
Britannic was delayed because of new safety installations.
26.February 1914 she was almost completed, and the plan
was to put her in service in early 1915. But in August
1914 the first world war broke out, and the Admiralty in
London needed Britannic as a hospital ship. Until December
1915 was rebuilt to a hospital ship, and in December 1915
she entered service Royal Navy. 21.November 1916 under a
journey to Salonika in Greece to pick up wounded soldiers
from Gallipolli when she hit a mine and started to sink.
The captain sat course towards shore to rescue her, but an
hour later she disappeared in the deep. The wreck was
found by Jacques Cousteau in 1975 on a depth of approx 120
meters outside the island of Kea, in the Aegean sea.
| 852,0 x 94,0 x 48,16 f
||Belfast ( UK ) 1914
||Liverpool ( UK )