Golesnica

Montenegro,Adriatic Sea

76 T was a 250T class torpedo boat laid down by Stabilimento Tecnico Triestino in June 1913 for the Austro-Hungarian Navy. She was launched in December 1913 and commissioned seven months later. She was assigned to 1. Torped o Group and served under the Great War as a convoy escort and patrol boat. She also took part in the bombardment of Ancona in May 1915 and in an engagemnt with Italian naval forces in 1916. After the war and Treaty of of Saint-Germain en Laye she was given as prize to Yugoslavia. She was renamed T1 and used for training and exercises. She also served as an escort when the battleship Szent Istvan sank in 1918. She was captured by Italian forces in World War two but was returned after their capitulation in September 1943. She served under the name Golesnica until she was decommissioned and stricken from the Yugoslavian Navy's lists in 1955. Four years later she was used as a target ship and sunk outside Boka Kotorska. The wreck rest today on a depth of 32 to 35 meter in Kotor bay.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Golesnica
76 T, T1
190,1 x 18,8 x 4,1 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
262 displ ( std )
Trieste ( AH ) 1913
(  *  )

42°24'20.2"N 18°33'28.8"E
( Approximate position )


Last updated: January 2021