Isla De La Gomera

Spain,Mediterranean

The steamship Nadir was built by Comercial Maritima de Transportes in Cadiz, and was launched in 1919 for the company Vasco-Valencian in Bilbao. She changed name and owners a couple of times before she sailed for Pesqeuiras y Salazones de Tenerife as Isla De La Gomera in the 1930's.  Under a journey from Cartagena to Barcelona loaded with oranges, the cargo shifted and she capsized and disappeared in the deep 12.April 1946 southeast of Cabo de Palos. The wreck rest today on her keel as a classic Donald Duck wreck on a depth of 27 to 45 meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Isla De La Gomera
Nadir, Maquiro
51,8 x 8,0 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
549 grt
Cadiz ( ES ) 1919
Las Palmas ( ES )

Last updated: June 2017