Thordisa was built by Thomas Turnbull & Son in Whitby and launched in 1888. She sailed for the same company until 1913, when she was sold to an Italian company in Genoa and renamed Lilla. Under a journey from England to Italy she fell victim to the most known German uboat captain in the First world war, Lothar von Arnauld de la Periere. Outside Cartagena she was torpedoed by SM U-35 under command of la Periere 14.October 1917. The wreck rest today in two parts on a depth of 35 to 45 meter at Tomas Maestre.

Former names:
88,1 x 11,7 m
Tons: Built: Home Port:
2317 grt
Whitby ( UK ) 1888
Genoa ( IT )

Pictures: Lilla & SM U-35
"Der Weltkrieg 1914-1918"

Interested in uboats and their commanders? Visit this great site...
Uboat Net

Last updated: June 2017