Skanderbeg

Montenegro,Mediterranean

The small paddle steamer Skanderbeg was launched in Trieste in 1916, then owned by the Austria-Hungarian empire. She was used as a ferry and local freighter on Lake Skadar, owned by Lloyds office in Trieste. When Trieste was given to the Italians after the Great War, she was transferred to Italian ownership. In 1924 she was sold to a Yugoslavian company, and after the Axis invasion of Yugoslavia and Greece in 1941, she was again taken over by the Italians. In a military operation12.February 1942, she was taken over by Yugoslav partisans and scuttled at the mouth of Rijeka Crnojevica. The wreck rest today on a depth of approx 10 meters.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Skanderbeg

69,2 x 17,1 x 4,3 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
20 grt ( ? )
Trieste ( AH* ) 1916
Trieste ( AH* / IT )


Picture: Skanderbeg, unknown photographer
Wikipedia, Public domain


Last updated: October 2016