Frank O'Connor

Wisconsin,USA

City of Naples was a cargo steamer laid down by Davidson Shipbuilding Company in West Bay City, and was launched in 1891 for Davidson Steamship Company. She was sold to O'Connor Transportation Company in 1916, and renamed to Frank O'Connor. Under a journey from Buffalo to Milwaukee loaded with coal she caught fire outside Cana Island 3. October 1919. The crew had to abandon ship and was helped by the keeper at Cana lighthouse and the coast guard. She drifted away burning and sank northeast of Cana lighthouse, outside North Bay. The remains of her rest today on a depth of 15 to 23 meter.


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
Frank O'Connor
City of Naples
91,7 x 13,0 x 6,1 m
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
2340 grt
West Bay City ( US ) 1891
West Bay City ( US )
45°06'52.0"N 87°00'44.0"W

Last updated: May 2017