ARM Aldabaran

Mexico,South America

USS Harlequin was laid down at Willamette Iron & Steel Corporation in Portland in 1943, and launched in June 1944. She was put in service in September 1945 and did not participate during world war two as some sources state. She was put in reserve in 1946, and was stricken from US Nayy lists in May 1962. Later the same year she was sold to the Mexican navy. She changed name several times and was last used as a school ship named ARM Aldabaran. Some time after 2007 ( time and year varies from different sources ) she was scuttled by the Mexican navy to create an artificial reef outside Cancun. The wreck rest in two parts on a depth of 15 to 25 meter outside Quintana Roo and Isla Mujeres. The wreck is often reffered to as "C 58" or "General Anaya".


Name:
Former names:
Dimensions:
ARM Aldabaran
* See list below 184,6 x 33,0 x 9,9 f
     
Tons: Built: Home Port:
625 displ.
Portland ( US ) 1944
( MX )


Picture: ARM Aldabaran
Private photo, unknown photographer


Last updated: November 2018